You guys, I've had a lot of requests for my Honey Cinnamon Butter recipe. Apparently a lot of folks buy this as a seasonal novelty and I will say, I tend to make it as a seasonal novelty BUT you can totally make it yourself within minutes - less than ten minutes, people! It almost seems silly to dedicate a whole blog post to this but I will because I love you and there's no reason not to make it yourself!
There are so many variations of this recipe, some people like to use powdered sugar but I skip it and just stick with the essentials.
So here's the super quick and easy recipe:
Honey Cinnamon Butter
What you'll need: one stick of room temperature butter; one small mason jar, 1/2 cup any honey varietal of your choice; ground cinnamon. Also, a hand mixer makes for a nice consistency but it's not necessary.
- Place room temperature butter in small mixing bowl
- Measure just UNDER 1/2 cup of honey. I love using different varietals-each varietal will give you a slightly different flavor but Tupelo honey is my favorite to use with it
- Pour honey into butter in mixing bowl
- Add a few pinches of cinnamon to your liking
- Mix well
- Give your toddler a taste
- Spoon into mason jar and refrigerate
And that's it. Literally just a minute or two for delicious honey butter!
I normally keep regular butter in a butter dish outside of the refrigerator but I like to keep this refrigerated and pull out a little while before use to soften. There's no real hard expiration time - just use your judgement. If it smells like it's time to toss, it probably is!